"It's still a family affair...." The
Trent-Dowell Funeral Home's beginning dates back to 1918 when Mr. R.T. Dowell sold caskets to customers at the local merchantile
store. Around 1930, Mr. Dowell left the store and along with K.F. Bickett as his embalmer started the R.T. Dowell Funeral
Home. Over the past years, several renovations have taken place and funeral services are still conducted in
the original location. In 1949, Mr. J.H. Trent joined Mr. Dowell as a full time funeral director and embalmer and
eventually Mr. Trent's wife, Libby, became a funeral director with the firm in 1957. The Trent's assumed ownership
in 1971 and the establishment's name changed to Trent-Dowell. In 1965, Mr. and Mrs. Trent's son-in-law, Robert
Rhodes, began employment at the funeral home, where he was later accompanied by his wife and daughter of the Trents,
Linda, in 1972.
Today, ownership of The Trent-Dowell Funeral Home
is under the direction of Robert and Linda Rhodes. Their staff includes the fourth generation of family members,
a son-in-law, Tim Bandy since 1986 and their daughter, Ann Denton in 1990. Zach
Bandy, a fifth generation family member began his apprenticeship in 2011.
The family of funeral directors at Trent-Dowell are proud of the funeral home's heritage and years of dedicated service
to the community.